Holiday Cottage Booking Information
Having checked the availability of your chosen dates and selected a cottage, please use our Online Secure Booking System. Your booking will be subject to our Booking Conditions and the dates requested being available. If your arrival date is more than four weeks from today’s date, a 25% deposit of the rental is payable, with the balance at least four weeks before the start of your holiday. If your holiday is less than four weeks away, the full rental is payable. If you wish to book a short break or part week please telephone with details and we shall confirm availability and the cost. Please, if you have any questions, use our ‘Contact Us’ page to send us an email or telephone +44 (0)1208 815404 and we shall be pleased to do all we can to help
Holiday Cottage Booking Conditions
1. A Contract is deemed to have been made in accordance with and subject to English Law once the Hirer on behalf of all the persons who will occupy the property has agreed and submitted the Booking accompanied by the deposit/payment and we have issued a confirmation of the Booking. The Hawksland Mill webpages form part of the Contract.
2. The cottage is intended for holiday use for the persons named at the time of the booking only, the number of which shall not exceed the maximum number stated who may occupy the cottage and the surrounding grounds. Any variation, addition or substitution to persons named shall be at our discretion and must be agreed by us in writing. The Hirer may not invite other persons or daytime visitors to the property without our permission, which would constitute a breach of Contract, and we reserve the right to terminate the booking forthwith and all monies paid by the Hirer will be forfeit. Cots may only be used by children aged two and under. Bookings will not be accepted for all male or all female parties of young persons.
3. The Hirer certifies that he/she is over the age of 18 years, has read and understood and made all adult members of his/her party aware of the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.
4. For bookings made more than four weeks before arrival, a deposit of 25% of the holiday rental is required, and the balance is due four weeks before the holiday commences. Non-payment of the balance will be treated as a breach of Contract and we reserve the right to terminate the booking forthwith and all monies paid by the Hirer will be forfeit.
5. Value Added Tax is included in the rental figures and has been levied at the rate appropriate at the time of booking. Rentals will be amended on the final invoice to take account of changes made to VAT by H M Government.
6. When you book your rental, you are entering into a legally binding Contract. If you have to cancel for whatever reason, under the law you may be liable for the cancellation charges which we have to make. We shall endeavour to re-let the cottage and, if successful, will refund monies paid less (a) £50-00 (Fifty Pounds) per booking week, (b) any difference in rental received on re-letting and (c) our expenses incurred in re-letting, which shall be at our discretion. You are recommended to take out cancellation insurance.
7. The cottage is available for occupation from 4.30 p.m. on the first day of the rental and must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the last day.
8. The Hirer shall agree not to disturb or annoy occupants of the adjoining cottages and to act in a responsible manner, failing which we have the right to terminate the rental and all monies paid by the Hirer will be forfeit. The Hirer is responsible for the care of the property and its contents during the period of hire. Any damage or breakages must be paid for and the cottage must be left in a clean and tidy condition and all the furniture and contents returned to the place in which they were found on entry. We reserve the right to charge for additional cleaning at the rate of £20-00 (Twenty Pounds) per hour and for any missing or damages items (excluding fair wear and tear).
9. The Hirer shall pay for electricity consumed during his/her rental at a rate of 16.68p/kWh (day) and 12.22p/kWh (night). It is not permitted to charge electric or hybrid vehicles. If towels have been supplied, their hire must also be paid for at the time of booking or prior to departure.
10. We shall not be liable to pay the Hirer or any member of his/her party for any injury, loss or damage to his/her property, vehicles or person, however caused, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
11. We reserve the right to refuse any booking or cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc) for any reason whatsoever, and our total liability is limited to a full refund of the monies paid by the Hirer and the Hirer shall have no further claims whatsoever.
12. The cottages have a wireless based internet connection for normal usage, which does no include video or music and speed cannot be guaranteed. All property descriptions and details, both written and verbal, are given in good faith, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
13. Smoking including E cigarettes and vape machines is not permitted in the cottages. If smoking takes place outside, there shall be no visible trace or damage.
14. No pets or animals are permitted. Any Hirer who brings a pet or animal onto and/or into the property is in breach of Contract and the Booking will be terminated forthwith and all monies forfeit.
15. We reserve the right to reasonable access during the period of hire.
16. We reserve the right to upgrade bookings to a different cottage without any extra charge to the Hirer.
17. The Hirer shall comply with applicable official Covid 19 instructions and we do not accept liability should the Hirer or any member of his/her party contract Covid 19 during the period of cottage rental.